Our laboratory, entitled IAME for “Infection, Antimicrobials, Modelling, Evolution”, is an alliance from basic to clinical and population-based research towards medical progress in the fight against infectious diseases. Created in 2014, it belongs to the French Institute for Medical Research (INSERM), to the University of Paris and to the University Sorbonne Paris Nord. It depends of two departments of the French Life Sciences and Healthcare Alliance (AVIESAN), Infectious Diseases and Public Health. Located at the University of Paris / Bichat Medical School campus in the north of Paris and connected to several University Hospitals in close proximity, it provides a unique opportunity to mix basic scientists and clinicians involved in infectious disease research.
Led by Erick Denamur (Director) and France Mentré (Deputy Director), the lab is organised in four interconnected teams.
- Team EVRest “Ecology, Evolution and Therapeutic of Virulence and Resistance in Bacteria”, directed by Erick Denamur and Etienne Ruppé, achieves a better understanding of the ecological, evolutionary and molecular parameters allowing the adaptation of natural isolates of the Escherichia coli species to their various lifestyles, especially those involved in the emergence of virulence and antimicrobial resistance and develops new original therapeutic approaches to fight this pathogen.
- Team BIPID “Biostatistical Modelling, Pharmacometrics and Clinical Investigation in Infectious Diseases”, directed by France Mentré and Jérémie Guedj, both develops and improves statistical methods for analysis of longitudinal data obtained in clinical trials and performs clinical investigation in the treatment of several infectious diseases.
- Team DeSCID “Decision Sciences in Infectious Disease Prevention, Control and Care”, directed by Sylvie Deuffic-Burban and Diane Descamps, is evaluating interventions designed for infectious disease prevention, control, and care. DeSCID is focusing on chronic viral infections in axis 1 and on healthcare-associated infections and antimicrobial resistance in axis 2.
From the creation of IAME to the end of 2022, the Team QEM « Quantitative Evolutionary Microbiology », directed by Olivier Tenaillon and Mathilde Lescat, was part of IAME. Part of this team moved to the Institut Cochin (https://institutcochin.fr) in January 2023.
IAME day, 25 May 2023
UPC Grands Moulins campus, Paris 75013
Our laboratory is located in the north of Paris between the Sacré Coeur of Montmartre and the flea market.
UMR 1137 – UFR de Médecine Paris 7 Denis Diderot
16 rue Henri Huchard
B.P. 416 – 75870 Paris cedex 18 France
- RER C : sortie porte de Clichy puis bus : PC (ligne 3)
- METRO : sortie Porte de Saint Ouen (300m), sortie Porte de Clignancourt (600m)
- BUS : PC, 60, 81, 95 et 137
- TRAIN : Gare du Nord, Gare de l’Est, Gare St Lazare puis métro
- ROUTE : Boulevard périphérique jusqu’à la sortie Porte de Saint Ouen
- AVION : aéroports ORLY et ROISSY puis RATP
- Parking : 5 rue Louis Pasteur Valery Radot. Accès privé (contactez, au préalable,
votre correspondant sur le site pour les modalités d’accès)